My new book, AGE BLASTERS: 3 Steps to a Younger You, will be out in a week or two, but what is really important is: What's in it for you?
First, let me say that writing a book is like giving birth to a child (without the pain and dirty diapers). That is to say, I'm thrilled to death. Well, maybe death is not the best metaphor to use for a book on slowing aging; but then, death does stop aging cold in its tracks. But I digress --
What Exactly Is In It For You?
I'm sure you've noticed how some folks around your age appear much older and less vital than you do, while others your age look and have the energy of someone a decade or two younger. To find out why there is such a huge disparity in the speed of aging, I've studied and researched hundreds of masters athletes. These men and women in their 40s, 60s, 80s ... have defied aging as we KNOW/BELIEVE it to be, as proven by their out-performing decades-younger athletes on a regular basis. AGE BLASTERS details not only why these individuals age so much slower than the norm, but more importantly, how you can, too!
There are three things these age-defyers have in common that set them apart (other than good genetics, which experts say accounts for about 15 to 30% of their extreme youthfulness):
- They developed a belief that it's possible to slow aging significantly, that they themselves could do it, and that it would be worth the effort
- They created a mental self image that supported their staying youthful and an accompanying burning desire to do so which, along with their empowering beliefs, made the mentally-held image eventually become a physical reality
- They designed a plan of action which took them unerringly to their goals/their objectives/their desires
The Three Steps to a Younger You
Taking what we can learn from these masters athletes, we have the three steps you can take to a younger you:
- Take a couple of minutes each day to read the daily Age Blasters stories in AGE BLASTERS. These short blasts, each one about a different masters athlete or scientific study, will challenge any self-destructive beliefs about aging you may have -- making room for new, more empowering beliefs.
- Practice the Age Blasters What If Technique to powerfully develop a self image and associated burning desire that will create, support and sustain a more youthful you. Do this because when you take action without changing your self-sabotaging self images, nothing lasting can happen. For example, seeing yourself as someone who can never stick with an exercise program or a person who is too busy to take time for stress-reduction sessions will derail your best intentions.
- Once you've taken steps 1 and 2, THEN create a plan of action, as spelled out in AGE BLASTERS. Having developed beliefs, a self image and a burning desire that support your decisions, you'll be able to make changes that last for a more vibrant, younger you for years and decades to come.
Everyone, including you and I, wants to look and feel their best and perform at their peak; therefore, if we really believed that we could look and feel much younger and perform as well as we did years and decades ago and if we really believed it was worth the effort, we would already be living that younger version of ourselves. The degree to which we are not, is proof that we don't REALLY believe it is possible or worth the effort. Age Blasters will give you the empowering beliefs we all need to be our best.
What's in it for you? A younger, more robust version of you. AGE BLASTERS is a game changer! It really is. I am excited about your opportunity to read it AND as a result, to enjoy a younger, more vibrant you.
Ed Mayhew is a speaker (need one?) and the author of Fitter After 50, Fitter for Life and AGE BLASTERS: 3 Steps to a Younger You You can visit Ed at: www.FitterForLife.com www.YouCanGrowYounger.com Ask for your F*R*E*E* Fitter After 50/Fitter for Life e-newsletter